Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Tag



Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I recycle gift bags when they’re given to me, but there’s something about ripping off your wrapping paper Christmas morning that makes it so much more fun!


Real Tree or Artificial? Real for sure!! Love the smell, and don’t mind the needles enough for me to get an artificial.


When do you put up the tree? Whenever we get it – there’s not a set date or time.


When do you take the tree down? We usually wait until after New Year’s Day. Or until it’s so dead we can’t stand it anymore.


Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT!! Have to dilute it though, otherwise too rich – either with milk or Sprite.


Favorite gift received as a child? Either I have a horrible memory, or else I was a spoiled little brat who was never “impressed” enough for it to last. I DO remember a great Christmas in high school. ALL of my Christmas money was stolen at school and I was devastated that I couldn’t buy gifts for any of my friends. The doorbell rang one night and there was an envelope on the steps that said “To: Jodi, Love: Your friends” – in it was $100 in $5’s and $10’s. They had taken up a ‘collection’ since they knew how upset I was – which was extra special since I was just turning around and buying all of them gifts! I never found out who was in charge of it or who all donated, but I will never forget how good of friends I had/have!

Hardest person to buy for? Nearly everyone, but mostly Neil. He never wants ANYTHING!


Easiest person to buy for? This year, probably Avery ‘cause she’s too young to care and we already know what she needs. Plus I’m realizing how easy it is to spoil your child!


Do you have a nativity scene? I think a couple of them – currently don’t have enough room to put up all of our knickknacks. Hopefully we’ll get some end tables or something soon.

Mail or e mail Christmas cards? Mail – that is if I ever get them out!!

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have an aunt who tends to buy her gifts at the DI – I don’t remember any one specifically, just that they’re kind of crazy.


Favorite Christmas movie? I love Elf! The Muppets Christmas Carol is awesome too! Never seen The Christmas Story (I know, I know – I’m weird). I also love Rudolph and the animated Grinch…those will never get boring!


When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually the week before! I actually had a few things bought the first week of December this year – I was so proud of myself!!


Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? White elephants are the BEST when recycled.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love a good cup of my mom’s homemade wassail! Also toffee, fudge, caramel popcorn, and lots of other little treats.

Lights on the tree? Multi-colored. I like either, but Neil insists on color.


Favorite Christmas song? Not very popular, but “I Wonder as I Wander”


Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home this year. And our travel consists of driving to our parents house about 15-20 miles away, so it’s not very far!


Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Who DOESN’T know them?


Angel on the tree top, or star? Still haven’t ever bought a tree topper – plan to this year when I can find time to check out Hobby Lobby or Tai Pan Trading.


Open presents Christmas eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas. Neil and I get each other hoodies instead of PJ’s – that’s the Christmas Eve gift.

Most annoying thing about this time of year? Driving in the snow! And though crowds and lines are annoying to be in, it’s still kind of thrilling to be in all the hustle & bustle – I’m probably alone in thinking that though.

Most favorite thing about the season? What isn’t there to love? I really couldn’t come up with just one thing! Lights, carols, happiness everywhere, snow, the nativity story, friends and family – I love it all!! (Except DRIVING in the snow – blech!)

Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I have a little ornament that I got when I was like 2 or 3 of a little bear in a bathtub – it’s porcelain. For some reason it’s always been my favorite.

Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I love ham. And my mom’s homemade rolls!!!


What do you want for Christmas this year? To be honest, I'm having a hard time thinking of things. I need some new clothes. All the things I really want are pretty big purchases….couches, an office desk, a flat screen for above the mantle, a piano!! Someday those will all come true…I hope!
I tag EVERYONE!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

you tag everyone? That was a fun tag to read.

tiffromney said...

Hey guys! Just wanted to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS! Loved reading that post and loved your Christmas card. It is SO cute.

Shellie and Bryan said...

With the aurastar, it is way simple. You just lay your hand on this hand-shaped panel and wait about 15 seconds for it to load. It's all computer based so the picture comes up on the screen along with all the other information. You should try it!
P.S. How long were you on the colonix cleanse before you noticed "stuff" coming out?