Monday, October 5, 2009

Raspberry fields forever

Okay, okay, I know it's supposed to be "strawberry fields forever." But humor me here.

I was just doing some browsing online and happened to come across a website for a "pick-your-own" raspberry farm in Payson. I grew up with huge raspberry plants in my backyard, and still cherish the days when we could fill bowls full of fresh raspberries, top them with milk and sugar for breakfast. Not only would it be a fun experience, but they only charge $2 per pound!! When the can average anywhere from $8 to $12 a pound at the grocery store, we HAD to go down there!

Just the smell alone when you step out of the car brought back so many memories from my childhood. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it still!
We picked and picked and picked. When dad got tired of holding Avery, mom picked some more while dad took Avery to play on the grass.


When all was said and done, we left with 6 pounds of fresh red raspberries, and a wonderful memory that we will always cherish - all for only $12!

They're open until the frost hits...

http://www.westmountainraspberries.com/

Hurry before we go back and pick all that's left!

1 comment:

The Noble's said...

Mmm, yummy! That's so fun that you guys did it together...and I know that my mother will be proud of you for taking pictures!!!! LOL!